New Year, new chances! I’ve been a real slacker in blogging world the past year. Last year was quite a hectic year for me and most of it I’ve been trying to find a way to find a balance between university life and blogging and if I look back I can say that I failed quite badly. Time for change! And the biggest change will be that I am going to write posts ahead, schedule and plan like crazy, to make sure this blog doesn’t end up on the down-low again (getting it back to its former glory and all that shiz, haha). Looking back at January, I think I did pretty well.
January was all about working out for me. On January 11th the Kayla Movement 2016 started and I decided to join in. I have owned Kayla Itsines’s BBG for quite some time now, but never managed to finish the whole guide. I figured that if I restarted the guide together with hundreds of other people motivation would be easier to find, and I was right! I have finished Week 3 yesterday and I can’t wait to get started on Week 4!
- 26 February – 2 January: the French Alps. I was on a skiing trip with my parents, well, they went skiing, I am the snowboarder of the family. It was so much fun and I really made some progress this year. Last year I returned with a concussion, result of an unfortunate fall, and I was afraid I might be too frightened to really enjoy snowboarding at first, but it was a unnecessary fear. We had amazing weather (no really, I managed to get a bit of a tan) and the snow was perfect. I had the time of my life.
- 5 – 7 January: Last three exams of the first semester.
- 11 January: Start of the Kayla Movement 2016.
- 18 January: the theater. I went to see Joy in theater with a friend of mine, Jennifer Lawrence’s latest movie. At first I had no idea what the movie was about (I was thoroughly confused, it was all a bit odd), but then the movie took off and I loved it. It was an empowering movie and Jennifer Lawrence’s acting was, as always, spot on.
- 28 January: Resit exam for Philology, which I am pretty sure I rocked, thank you very much.
Posts of January
- [4 Jan] Sword and Verse by Kathy MacMillan ★★
- [13 Jan] Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo ★★★★★
- [15 Jan] Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas ★★★★★
- [22 Jan] Tales From the Front #06 – Blog Tour & Giveaway
- [25 Jan] Front Lines by Michael Grant ★★★★
- [27 Jan] The Struggle of Creating Good Content
- [29 Jan] The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness ★★★★
- [30 Jan] Stacking the Shelves (1): 30th January 2016
- [31 Jan] Monthly Recap: January 2016
As I mentioned before January was pretty much all about getting back to training for me. I joined the Kayla Movement 2016 and since January 11th I have trained every single day, save for Sundays (Sunday’s are my rest days). The first week was pretty brutal, my muscles were sore as hell (even though I trained and ran regularly before that), but I pushed through and I am so happy I did. I am now three weeks in and I can feel myself getting stronger already. Hard work pays off, and I am determined to work harder, I can’t wait to start noticing more changes.
I do three workouts each week (Legs, Arms & Abs, and Full Body workout) and then go on a run three times a week as well. All my runs have been 5 to 6 kilometers and in January I kept besting my own Personal Record. My goal is to be able to run the 5k under 30 minutes, and yesterday I managed to run an Average Pace of 6.13 k/h (at the beginning of this month that was 6.35). So there’s definitely improvement and I can’t wait for the day to arrive when I smash that goal!
- My second semester of university starts in February, so that means things are going back to normal. New semester, new classes, new books. I am quite looking forward to my literature classes, lots of literature we’ll be covering are books I’ve already read (and loved) so that’ll definitely be fun for me!
- Training. Even though classes are starting again I am going to continue my rigorous training schedule.
- IMAGINE DRAGONS CONCERT. Yes, you read it correctly, on February 5th Imagine Dragons has a concert in Amsterdam and I am going with my mom and sister, and it’s going to be EPIC.
- Lots of fun posts. I have tons of fun posts planned for you this month. At this time I am already scheduled one week ahead (yay for planning!) and I have lots of ideas for those other three weeks.
What were your favorite moments of January? What are your plans for February?