This might be an issue every book-nerd has, but boy, lately it’s been worse than ever. New books come in, and I keep stacking new books onto that every growing pile of books, but I hardly ever find the time to sit down and actually read them. There are so many series that I started and loved, then bought the sequels to and are now collecting a pile of dust on my shelves.
The list goes on and on…
I’m going to show you a small peek into that every growing pile of unread books. These are all books I own, either part of a series or a standalone. All books I am actually dying to read, but just haven’t found the time (or peace of mind) to do so.
- The Vanishing Throne, the sequel to The Falconer, one of last year’s favorite reads.
- Glass Sword, the sequel to Red Queen.
- Crooked Kingdom, the sequel to Six of Crows.
- Winter AND Stars Above, the two last books in the Lunar Chronicles series.
- Fire AND Bitterblue, the sequel to Graceling and the final installment in the series.
- Dragonfly in Amber, the sequel to Outlander.
- Lion Heart, last book in the Scarlet trilogy.
- Pretty much all of V.E. Schwab’s books.
- Rogue, the sequel to Talon (and all books that follow)
- I HAVE AN ARC OF ROSEBLOOD BY A.G. HOWARD THAT NEEDS TO BE READ
And the list goes on…
I am going on a self-imposed book buying ban! First one EVER since I started blogging, but I am going on a book buying ban. That’s right, no more books for Iris UNTIL I’ve finished some of those pretty books that have been collecting dust on my shelves. I am going to keep a score and am going to maybe set up a reward system. Something along the lines of: for every six books I finish (ones that have been sitting on my shelves) I will reward myself by buying ONE book. So it might not be a total book buying ban, but it’s a partial book buying ban, a last resort, preventing that gigantic stack of unread books to somehow fall over and kill me in my sleep some night.